How I Pre-Poo

I started using a pre-poo four months ago. A pre-poo is a basically a hair treatment used to prep your hair for the cleansing stage. Now there are tons of recipes circulating the net. Most of them consist of an oil or protein treatment.

I find that whipped coconut oil is a great conditioning oil and this has been my go to. You can check out my whipped coconut oil video below.



Recently though I added a cholesterol, honey, and hydrolyzed wheat protein to my coconut oil. And girllllllll..this mixture left my hair VERY soft.  I slightly detangled my hair before applying the treatment and left it on for 20 minutes. Rinsed and then followed up with my shampoo/conditioner. Next time I think I'd omit the cholesterol and use more coconut oil. The cholesterol works best as a deep conditioner.

I've included the recipe below. I think everyone should use a pre-poo at least once a month. Not only does it help with moisture retention but also helps to detangle your tresses.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Vision Board

Cypress Oil for Varicose Veins

Finally Approved for Breast Reduction