My Current Hair Regimen

It’s been several years since I’ve detailed my hair regimen. As my five year hair anniversary approaches, I figured I’d share what I’ve been doing to maintain my healthy curls.

Daily
Every day I check to see if my hair is dry. I use the L.C.O. (liquid, cream, and oil) to moisturize my hair. I prefer this method over the L.O.C. method as I find that I only have to moisturize my hair only once a week.  I typically wear my hair in twists pulled in a ponytail or pinned in an updo. I only unravel when I have to go to work. Because of my constant low maintenance styling, I’ve been able to maintain my length.

Weekly
Every week I co-wash my hair. I use all types of conditioners now so I really don’t have a staple product. I finger detangle prior to washing and I further detangle with conditioner. I cannot be lazy with the detangling process or I’ll pay for it later on.

Biweekly
Every two weeks I shampoo my hair. If I use more product throughout the week, I’ll wash my hair sooner.  Earlier last year I started experiencing matted hair so I avoid shampooing my hair if it’s really tangled.

Monthly
I’ve gotten a bit lazy when it comes to deep conditioning and now only do it once a month. A couple of times a year I add hydrolyzed wheat protein to my deep conditioner.



Yearly
I trim my ends at least twice year.


As I stated earlier, I wear my hair in twists the majority of the time. This year I’d like to really focus on using less heat. I'm a big fan of low maintenance styling and prefer to use my own hair for protective styling. See below a video I did earlier this year. 


I cannot stress enough the importance of having a simple hair regimen tailored to your hair goals and lifestyle. Thankfully, I've found a regimen that works for me and have been able to see some improvements in the health of my hair. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Vision Board

Cypress Oil for Varicose Veins

Finally Approved for Breast Reduction