Hair Care Essential Kit

I think every natural especially the newly natural ladies should have certain items in their hair care arsenal. I’m laying out my essentials for natural hair care.
Oils
This should be a no brainer. Our hair is naturally dry because of how our hair grows out of the scalp. Did you know that our hair grows up? That’s a discussion for another post. There are tons of carrier and essential oils that offer an array of benefits for our hair and body. If you’re unsure of which oils to use, start off with coconut, jojoba, and olive oil. You can find coconut and olive oil at just about any grocery store, although I’d recommend Whole Foods for all three. Amazon.com also carry these oils and you can typically get them within 5-7 business days.
Detangling Tools
If you’re a 4c gal like me, you’d probably rather spend your evening at the DMV then detangle your hair. It’s not an easy task but it must be done. I own several shower combs and a Denman brush that I’ve slightly modified. If all else fail you can use a wide tooth comb which is basically what a shower comb is. Over the past three months, I’ve switched to finger detangling. It was difficult at first but the more I finger detangle, the easier it gets.  I typical start out on dry hair and slightly dampen any problem areas.
Bobby Pins
Bobby Pins are my EVERYTHING. Haha Okay it’s not that serious but really it is. When I was chin length I’d use bobby pins every day for styling. Now that my hair is longer and thicker I have to use the studier 3 inch bobby pins. You can create numberous updos with bobby pins or just sweep your hair out of your face.
Satin Bonnet
I’ve gone to bed without my satin bonnet less than 20 times in four years. I know some naturals who don’t cover their head at all. That’s fine but I could never go that route. Now I’m not saying you need to buy a satin bonnet, satin pillowcase, satin sheets..curtains. That’s doing too much. Investing in two satin bonnets is all you need. Yes I recommend two because there is nothing like running around frantically looking for your bonnet when you’re grouchy and sleepy. If you have little kids, up that number. Check out these stylish bonnets offered by Eboni Curls.
Spray Bottle
An empty spray bottle is great for adding water, your detangling product or a DIY concoction. Even better, empty water bottles are dirt cheap. If you don’t want to buy one just re-use an empty spray bottle. I’ve been using my Jane Cater Leave-In spray bottle for months now.
So those are my essentials ladies. I hope you find this post helpful. Are there any items that I didn't list that you would have included? Leave a comment and share.

Visit: www.sassysoutherncurls.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Vision Board

Cypress Oil for Varicose Veins