One and Done

Becoming a mother has changed my life forever..like most women or parents for that matter.  Our little boy celebrated his fifth birthday this past January and watching him grow up has been amazing. As much as I love being a mother, I have no desire to have more children. See I'm still waiting on the "being a mother is the most rewarding job.." part. That hasn't exactly happened and I don't expect it will anytime soon.  Instead what I've learned is that we trade off one thing for another as our children enter different phases of life.  The terrible twos are replaced with a self defiant four year old.  That part I get but nonetheless, it's been a struggle. 

Often times when I'm out and I see other women with multiple children I think "How do they do it?" I quickly realize they have no other choice..they probably ask themselves the same question.  Of course I've had second thoughts when I see a chubby baby flash across my Instagram feed..but then I remember the sleepless nights..and the difficult pregnancy/recovery. Our little boy has asked for a little brother or sister and I've tried my best to explain to him that we wont be having more children. He understands...sometimes. 

Then there's the questions/advice from others...which honestly have slowed down as our child has gotten older.  Others are convinced that I will regret having one child or that our little one is missing out on having siblings. I've learned a long time ago to ignore unsolicited advice. I know most of these people have no ill intentions and aren't aware of the challenges I faced during my pregnancy. 

I don't feel guilty nor do I feel that my child will miss out on anything. It's much easier for me physically and mentally having a small family. He's happy..my husband is happy..I'm happy and in the end that's all that matters. 

Comments

  1. After reading through some of the post I realized it’s

    new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be book-mark and checking back often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Vision Board

Cypress Oil for Varicose Veins

Finally Approved for Breast Reduction